I am currently studying Database Administration and I would like to bring my experience in both information technology and in customer service to you. With my experience in these areas, I am unstoppable. I have communications skills which mean I have very good listening skills. These skills allow me to understand the client’s needs and I am then able to take their needs and implement them into the project(s) that need to be completed.
- Practical Experience With Word Processing, Spreadsheets, Desktop Publishing, Relational Database Management Systems and Enterprise Email Clients
- Small Network Infrastructure
- Hierarchical Network Infrastructure
- Windows Administration
- Database Management & Administration
- Data Warehouse Support
- Database Development I
- Database Design II
- Database Backup & Recovery
- Introduction to Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP)
- Security (Cyber)
- Microsoft Exchange
- Computer Hardware Tear Assembly and Troubleshooting
- Semiconductor and Digital Circuits
- High-Reliability Soldering
- Enterprise Email Server Systems
- Small to Medium Cisco Network Administration
- Unix Server and Client Operating System Administration
- Project Management
- Professional Development
- I am the treasurer of the NSCC HTCIA Atlantic Student Chapter(High Technology Crime Investigation Association) Atlantic Chapter
- HTCIA International Conference in Orland, Fl., August 29, 2015, to September 2, 2015 – Social Media Specialist
- AtlSecCon (Atlantic Security Conference) 2016 – Media Recording Specialist
- Tall Ships 2009 and 2012 – Marine Security Supervisor for the 2009 Tall Ships, responsible for the afternoon and evening shifts to make sure the safety of the public was taken care of. In 2012 I was working with the Tall Ships at the Pirate Haunted House (a special for this event put on by Fear the Darkness Haunted House).
- Canada Winter Games February 2011 – Asset Protection Supervisor for the Athletes Village. Responsible for the safety and security of the young athletes.
- Tim Horton’s Brier 2010 – Asset Protection. Responsible for the secure locations only athletes were allowed. Verifying proper accreditations.
- Fear the Darkness Haunted House 2009 to Present (Every October) – In-House manager, responsible for getting equipment set up and repaired as necessary. Setting other volunteers up with their positions.
- HRM MS Chapter 2012 – Treasurer, responsible for maintaining the chapter’s deposits and balances of fundraisers held. I also have created promotional brochures for last year’s May Is MS Awareness special meeting.
- SWATCH Sand jam in Halifax in 2012 and 2013 – Athlete Attendant, ensure athletes are hydrated while on the court.
- Nova Scotia Royal International Tattoo 2010 to 2012 – Backstage Marshall responsible for keeping performers out of areas not aloud and keeping the noise levels down during show times and kept the show moving gracefully behind the scenes.
Shipper/Receiver; Oct. 2006 – Sept. 2008
Diesel & Auto Electric
- Managed inventory
- Worked directly with the various vendors
- Traveled to various sites for client’s needs
Parts Manager; Aug. 2003 – Oct. 2006
J.W. Burley Holdings
- Spreadsheets used for scheduling a staff of 12 parts personnel
- Daily reconciliation of parts orders and inventories
- Dealt directly with customer comments and complaints
- Head of the OH&S Committee
- Dealt with various suppliers for the parts and service departments
- Assembly of Baja Motorsports dirt bikes and ATV’s
Warranty Administrator; May 2001 – July 2003
O’Regan’s Lexus Toyota Dartmouth
- Responsible for dealing directly with customer vehicle warranty repair.
- Use of automotive software for shop coordination
- Ran the automotive detailing department, where attention to detail was a must
Parts Advisor; Sept. 1999 – May 2001
Bruce Stone Enterprise
- Responsible for inventory control
- Tier 1 and 2 customer inquiries and support
- Responsible for cash balancing
Assistant Manager; Feb. 1995 – Sept. 1999
- Responsible for dealing directly with customer service.
- Responsible for inventory control
- Deal directly with various vendors
- Spreadsheets used for many reconciliation methods used at the time by Ultramar
- Responsible for scheduling of 12 employees
- Responsible for daily bank deposits and reconciliations
NSCC Institute of Technology; 2017 – Present
- Database Administration Diploma
NSCC Institute of Technology; 2012 – 2016
- Computer Electronics Technician Diploma
NSCC Akerley Campus; 2011
- Nova Scotia High School Diploma
Sacred Heart School of Halifax;1975 – 1988
- Grade 11
- Occupational Health & Safety
I enjoy working on my friends’ computers and repairing any issues they may have. I also enjoy working on vehicles and reading science fiction and true crime stories.
278total visits,1visits today